Abstract Submission Instructions & Presentation Details
How to Submit an Abstract:
- Abstracts will be accepted on-line exclusively this year.
- Deadline for Submission is Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Complete the on-line Information Form. One form per abstract or poster.
- Select the technical session in which you prefer to present your paper or poster. Choices are:
- Plant Pathology and Nematology
- Weed Science
- Breeding, Biotechnology, and Genetics
- Physiology and Seed Technology
- Production Technology
- Harvesting, Curing, Shelling, Storing, and Handling
- Processing and Utilization
- Extension Techniques and Technology
- Graduate Student Competition
- Enter Title of Your Abstract
- Attach and upload your properly formatted abstract (Word .doc or .docx).
- Click Send to complete the submission.
Revisions: If you need to make a revision after submitting your abstract, you must complete the online submission process again and attach the updated file. Revisions will be accepted until April 30, 2017. The last abstract submitted prior to May 1st will be the published abstract. Reminder….A paper must be presented (oral presentation or poster) at the Annual Meeting to be included in the published Proceedings.
Click here for an example of a properly formatted abstract.
- Abstracts should be submitted in Microsoft Word as a (.doc or .docx) file.
- Files should be named with an abbreviated title of the abstract and the senior author’s name. (Example: WoodwardJE-Peanut Curing)
- The abstract should be prepared in good scientific form and READY FOR PUBLICATION. Please check your abstract for accuracy. Abstracts are printed directly from your submission in the published Proceedings. Abstracts will be reviewed for proper formatting, typos and grammatical errors prior to printing. Submissions requiring major revision will be returned to the author(s)
Format of the abstract:
- Use 8.5 x 11” page size.
- Leave 1” margins on all sides for a line width of 6.5 inches.
- Use Arial 11 point font with a ragged right margin (i.e., do not full justify) and do not use hard carriage returns in the body of the text.
- Single space with double space between paragraphs and major divisions.
- Bold and underline (solid) the title. Capitalize the first letter of important words. Begin the first line of the title flush; indent .05″ the remaining lines of the title, authors, and addresses.
- Follow the title with the author’s name(s) in capital letters, with the initials of each name given first. Each author’s name should be followed by author(s) institution. Multiple authors from the same organization may be combined and then followed by the institution information. Bold and Place an asterisk (*) after the name of the presenting author only.
- Skip a line between the title and body of the abstract.
- Do not indent the body of the abstract.
Time Limits and Equipment: Presentations and discussions of papers must fit within a 15-minute time period. Only LCD projectors will be provided or allowed for paper sessions. Presentations should be prepared and saved in PowerPoint (.ppt) or (.pps) format.
Note: Only one (1) paper with the same APRES member as senior author will be accepted. An invited paper for symposia does not count against the one (1) paper or poster limit for senior authors.
Poster Presentations: An Area with display boards (4 x 4) will be provided for mounting posters. Authors may display more than one poster.
Authors of oral presentations and posters will be notified by May 1st if their abstract has been selected for presentation at the 2017 APRES Annual Meeting.
Questions? Contact 2017 Technical Program Chairman:
Oklahoma State University
Institute for Agricultural Biosciencs
3210 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401